So I knew that the original “Festive” rorschach looked that way because of the colors I chose, and if I did it again with the same colors it would also look good, but some part of me just wanted to see the magic happen again. 🙂
I experimented with using a glue syringe to place the black paint and in that way not get so much on there. It kind of did that, but it was so hard to squeeze heavy body paint through that tiny thing that I still couldn’t help applying more than I wanted to. Hmm, maybe cake decorating tips…
You may also notice this one is off-center. One thing I have not liked about most of these is that they’re perfectly centered on the page — icky composition. But I also wanted to maximize the space available for the paint to spread out, and have been stuck between those two goals for a while now. Since I started doing these really. The rule of thirds would have reduced the space too much, as would using golden sections. So I settled for leaving just an inch or two out. I think that did help a lot with the composition, but then I put the dots in that space. 🙂 Maybe I should have overlaid the rorschach like I did with the first Festive.
In this one I see a blue guy in an orange jump suit getting ready to spring into the air and fly. Or a blue-eyed cyclops with green and black hair, in blue and purple curlers sticking out her blue tongue. A fitting bride for a Cacodemon. Or a two-headed fish folded in half at the fish market.
Here is the original “Festive“: