Well here it is, just recently named “Rain of Life”. But I’ve been referring it as “the 16×20” for quite a while now. I’ve been working on this since sometime before April, but it seems longer than that. I had parts of it masked for so long I forgot what it looked like. I was surprised when I recently took the masking off — it was brighter than I remembered. It looked like this at the point I got stuck:
I pulled out all the stops on this one, using washes, regular brush work, painting over a lot of that, masking, painting, more masking, and palette knives. Finally I removed the masking and finished it with the long drips of liquid color to enhance the diagonal established by the masking. Hmm, I guess I didn’t use string and dots — maybe it’s not done yet! 🙂 (yes it is)
So there you have it. I like the way it turned out, even though I spent a long time thinking it really wasn’t going to look any good when it was done. That’s kind of a relief!